PONDS AND SUPPLIES
Shipping & Ordering Info.
Privacy & Security
Vertex Omega 180i i-Series Protein Skimmer
Item Code: DPETVT65001
While The Original Omega Concept has been widely accepted and appreciated by the most discerning hobbyist, Omega “i” Series were conceptualized to answer the needs of high bio-load systems with restricted sump volume. “i” Series are “pump in the body skimmers” with emphasis on the fact that this feature should not reduce performance.
Again the signature Omega body-design was utilized to increase reaction volume. Further to that by following in the footsteps of the Alpha-Series, we were able to apply superior technology to the Omega “i” Series. First, materials and construction are of the highest quality. The body is Pressure-Thermoformed from cast acrylic, up to 10% thicker than most other makes.
Secondly, the Omega’s are imbued with one of the best pumps the industry has to offer. Omega 180 i is paired with a custom Sicce™ motor-block exclusively produced for Vertex Aquaristik™. As the heart of the skimmer, the pump must be durable, efficient and quiet of operation. Bearing these factors in mind, not many other pumps can match Sicce™ for their time-proven pedigree. The custom in-house manufactured rotor is larger using a strong neodymium magnet allowing higher Air-Intake. Each rotor has been hand-encased with epoxy to perfection. Proportionally sized neck and signature omega transition nicely complement the increased Air draw making for a balanced skimmer. Further to that the Base-Plate is milled to house a portion of the enlarged pump head hence increasing the Reaction-Chamber volume. Although all the features of the Alpha line are present, due to lower cost associated with the Syncra Motor-Blocks Vertex™ Omega 180 i is a perfect marriage of Value and high performance.
• 350 L / 90 US-Gallons ≤ Filtration Capacity ≤ 700 L / 180 US-Gallons (High Bio-Load)
• Solid cast Acrylic and PVC Construction • Designed and manufactured in-house by Vertex Aquaristik™ • True full body wine-glass reaction chamber • Custom, Sicce-based high-performance skimmer pump
• Space Saving design – Pump in the Body
• Bayonet-style neck provides a secure, leak-free coupling between the cup and body
• Easily accessible Ozone port
• Swiveling skimmate-drain
• All parts can be disassembled for ease of maintenance
• Grade II Titanium Screws / Corrosion Resistant
• Silicone O-Rings
• V- 180 Skimmer pump: ~ 28W
• Adjustable : ~ 900 LPH ≤ Air-Draw ≤ 1300 LPH
• Dimensions: ~ 248 * 261 * 583mm / ~ 9.75” * 10.26” * 22.91” (Width, Length, Height)
Aquarium Supplies - Pond Supplies - Pond Pumps - Pond Liners - Reptile Supplies - And More!
Copyright © 2008 - 2012 - Pets And Ponds. All rights reserved.